- Please note that U.S. citizens traveling to Canada need a current passport to re-enter the U.S. For information on obtaining a U.S. passport, see: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html.
- A list of countries whose citizens require visas to enter Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp.
- General information on entering Canada: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/noncan-eng.html.
- For international students traveling from the U.S. to Canada, see information about re-entering the U.S. as a student with a F-1 or J-1 visa: http://wings.buffalo.edu/intlservices/traveltocanada.html. It is important that your I-20 or DS-2019 has a valid signature, and that you have a valid U.S. visa in your passport or that you qualify for Automatic Visa Revalidation.
- If you are traveling to Canada with an expired visa, please make sure that your country of citizenship qualifies for the automatic revalidation. For the U.S Customs and Border Protection statement regarding Automatic Visa Revalidation, see: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1218/~/automatic-revalidation-for-certain-temporary-visitors.
- Most air travelers will arrive at Toronto Pearson International Airport. For the trip from Pearson to the conference hotel, see “Getting from Pearson Airport.”
- Toronto’s Billy Bishop (Island) Airport is another option. This airport is located close to downtown Toronto and is served by Porter Airlines, which offers flights from Montreal, Ottawa, New York City, Boston, Chicago, and other cities. Air Canada currently flies into this airport only from Montreal. A free shuttle service runs from the Island Airport (once you take the short ferry ride onto the mainland) to the corner of York and Front streets, next to Union Station (see below). The conference hotel is a 15-minute taxi trip from the Island Airport entrance at Bathurst Quay.
- Both Amtrak and Via Rail serve Toronto. Both arrive at Union Station in downtown Toronto, a 10-minute taxi trip from the conference hotel. Union Station is also a stop on the Toronto subway system (see Public Transportation in Toronto).
- Airport Express Shuttle: Takes about 40 minutes to reach downtown Toronto and costs about $27.00 CND one-way (plus tip). The Shuttle runs from Terminals 1 and 3 at Pearson International Airport to downtown Toronto hotels every 20 minutes during peak periods, or 30 minutes during non-peak times. Shuttles are accessible and feature WiFi. Call 1-800-387-6787 (toll free in Canada) or (905) 564-3232.
Note: The conference hotel is not one of the standard Airport Express stops. The closest hotel is the Delta Chelsea (5 minutes away). However, on-demand reservations to and from the conference hotel are available 15 hours daily, 7 days of the week. 24-hour notice is required for online bookings, and 2-hour notice for phone bookings. See: http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/airport-express-connect.php.
- Airport Rocket – Public Transit (Bus 192): Provides all-day, accessible express service between Kipling Station, at the west end of the Bloor-Danforth subway line, and Pearson Airport Terminals 1 and 3. At Kipling station, transfer to the Bloor-Danforth subway line. At the Yonge/Bloor subway stop, transfer to the Yonge-University subway line, heading south to College station. The hotel is two minutes north of College Station.Travel time between Pearson Airport and College Station is about 60 minutes and costs $3 CDN, which must be paid on the bus at the airport. Drivers do not give change. For more details on public transportation in Toronto, visit: www.ttc.ca.
Note: College subway station is not accessible. The closest accessible station is Dundas, one stop south of College.
- Taxis: The 30-40 minute taxi trip to hotels in downtown Toronto costs around $55 CDN plus tip. The City of Toronto licenses the taxis that service Toronto Pearson International Airport to ensure safety standards and fare consistency. Rates are predetermined based on the time and distance to your destination within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Taxis stands are located outside of both Terminal 1 and 3 at Pearson Airport. The return trip to the airport is charged at a metered rate.
- The conference hotel sits very close to subway, streetcar, and bus routes, all operated by the Toronto Transit Commission. For more details, including accessibility, fares, routes and schedules, consult: www.ttc.ca.